The wild ramp, AKA wild leek, botanical name Allium tricoccum, is a flowering perennial plant that grows in clusters. It is a member of the Allium family along with onions and leeks
The Calamondin lime is a cross between a sour, loose skinned mandarin and a kumquat, therefore technically making it an orangequat.
Salanova® lettuce is a full-sized variety developed for the baby lettuce market. Botanically these varieties are scientifically known as Lactuca sativa.
Specialty Produce is a family owned and operated food service and retail fresh produce supplier located in San Diego, CA. A premium provider for more than thirty years, Specialty Produce continues to be a leader in service, product quality and technology.The Products
- Specialty Produce is an organic (CCOF) & food safety (HACCP) certified facility.
- We only buy products from first-tier approved vendors.
- We carry a wide array of products encompassing all our customers' needs.
- Our strategically located warehouse allows us to service customers throughout the greater San Diego area.
- Food safety is our focus and is paramount in our daily operations, administered by a full-time food safety manager. Robert Romaine, a twenty-seven year veteran of San Diego environmental health, is our revered Food Safety Consultant.
- Pricing is negotiated via contract models for each vendor.
The Specialty Produce team includes more than one hundred enthusiastic and dedicated employees.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our hard working team provides same day delivery and just-in-time orders.
- The only provider with 24-7 availability, our in-house servers constantly receive specific customer orders, inventory, marketing information and pricing and immediately notify the customer's sales representative and drivers using wireless technology.
- This competitive advantage has made Specialty Produce a leader in service and dependability.
Specialty Produce strives to:
- Build long term relationships with our valued customers, employees, suppliers, associates and our community.
- Listen and respond to our customers' needs whether simple or complex.
- Understand, anticipate and be flexible in order to provide quality products and high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a comprehensive, convenient, & user-friendly online presence; both for the casual visitor and our customers who want to leverage our system to their advantage.
Specialty Produce is proud to work with several non-profit organizations within the community, including:
- Monarch School
- San Diego Humane Society and SPCA
- Susan G. Komen for The Cure
- Project Wildlife
- Collaboration Kitchen
- Feeding America
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Just Call Us Volunteers
- Olivewood Gardens
|619-876-4086||Farmers' Market Box Program|
|Farmers' Market Box Program|
|Questions or comments addressed to management|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 82066, San Diego, CA 92138
Warehouse Address: 1929 Hancock St. Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92110
Careers @ Specialty Produce: We are often looking for qualified candidates for positions at Specialty Produce.
Please start by filling out our Online Application (link).
Walk-In Hours: We are open to the general public daily from 8am-5pm.
Interested in a tour?
The green arrow in the map below indicates where Specialty Produce is located.
The public entrance is on the northwest side of the building.
Walk down the driveway all the way to the fence by the train tracks, then go up up the steps to the left, at the back of the building.
(Click image for Google Maps link...)
We have a number of videos on YouTube including interviews, product information and events.Farmers' Market Bag Playlist:
Featured on SpecialtyProduce.com:
How To's, Demo's & Tips:
Contact: Kelly Orange, Community Affairs Director
|Images are reduced to fit on the page, right-click and "Save Image as..." to download full-size image.|
|EPS||Click to download SP_Logo_Font_Embed.eps|