Posts tagged cocktail grapefruit
Cocktail Grapefruit Squares
For the Crust
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat the inside of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Put the sugar and flour into a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse on and off 3 to 4 times. Distribute the butter over the flour mixture, and sprinkle with the salt. Pulse on and off until the mixture begins to come together.
3. Crumble the mixture into the prepared pan, and press evenly into the pan and up the sides about 1/2-inch inch. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until the crust begins to turn golden. Remove from the oven.
For the Filling
4 large eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated cocktail grapefruit zest
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocktail grapefruit juice
1. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, zest, flour and juice. Pour over the baked crust, and return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
2. Cool the pan, and cut into squares. Dust with sifted confectioners’ sugar, and serve.
Follow me on:
Facebook: Diane Phillips’ Blog of Cooking, Travel and Commentary
Pinterest: Diane Phillips
#WhatsHOTintheCOOLER: Grapefruit! It’s citrus season and our active buyer, Nathan Bochler breaks down the different varieties of Grapefruit this week… Oro Blanco, Cocktail, Pomelo, Star Ruby & Ugli Fruit!